Monday, July 25, 2011

Keep me honest

I need support now more than ever.  I was so lucky to be a part of a weight loss competition with a local radio station.  They gave us six weeks to work with a group of personal trainers.  I was there four times a week doing strength and cardio.   They helped me monitor my nutrition and everything.  It was incredible.  But it's over now. 

At the end of the competition, my team won.  Together we lost 46 inches and 55lbs. I only lost 7lbs, but that was all in the last two weeks.   I did, however, lose 9.5 inches.  2.75 of which were from my waist alone. 

I don't want to stop.  But, the competition is over, along with the free training sessions.  And I can't afford a trainer on my own.  I wish I could.  Having someone there routing you on is incredible.  Even knowing that someone is waiting for you for that 6:45am appointment makes hitting the snooze button less of an option.

I'm fearful that I won't be able to keep going alone.  Let me rephrase that.  It's not about ABILITY.  I'm afraid that I won't be motivated to keep it going.  That I will just fall back into my lazy cycle.  I am, however, trying to make small changes in my entire life.   Like, I'm trying to make my bed every morning.  I know that sounds stupid and trivial, but I never have made my bed (and I'm a nurse, go figure).  My mom just did it for me.  And I've always lived alone, or at least had my own room since then... But, it's one thing I'm trying to do every day.  Next step, put my laundry away as soon as I take it out of the dryer.  Oh, do I dread that.

But, with this exercise and weight loss journey, I really  think support from others will be the biggest help.

No comments: