Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Dabbling In Anorexia

As I started growing taller,  I was still fat.  In eighth grade I made some new friends.  And I decided I wanted to date boys.   Remembering the fond words of a family member "you're getting FAT" on Christmas Eve, I knew the time to hesitate was through.  Clearly, the only thing I could do was stop eating.  So, for about a year I ate bagels.  Well, one bagel.  One cinnamon raisin bagel per day, to be specific.  I started eating it when I began to feel dizzy in the morning at school… and nibbled on it, pulling the skin layer off first, then the insides.  That would last me throughout the school day. If I was hungry, I'd swallow the piece of gum I'd been chewing all day.  That gave my stomach something to work at as it tried desperately to pull nutrients from my ten calorie stick.  I'd come home and have a lovely nutritious iceberg lettuce and tomato salad with fat free Hidden Valley Italian dressing.  I dropped 40 lbs that year.   My doctor applauded my hard work.  Dumb ass couldn't spot an eating disorder staring him in the eyes.





Word to the wise... when a 14 year old girl drops 40lbs in a year, ask her more than "are you eating?"

But, screw it, I landed a boyfriend!  And I bought a bikini.  Va-va-voom.  The Goodyear Blimp was now dating boys, breaking up with them and picking up new ones, turning down guys she'd been in love with in middle school…. all that in a lime green mini skirt - size 5, bitches! 

Then I discovered alcohol. Surely binge drinking didn't have anything to do with the weight gain - actually I have a theory on that. 

No comments: